By Abiola Willoughby
District Curriculum Coordinator
Our Kindergarten through 2nd grade students will be administered the Stanford 10 Achievement Test on April 14-17. The test will cover all subject areas. The Stanford 10 will give your child’s teacher an indication of where he/she ranks in comparison to others in the same grade level across Texas and the United States.
Administration of the test will take place during the morning when students are most alert and productive. Regularly scheduled classes will resume after lunch.
Below are a few tips you should follow before testing time. Your child should:
1. Get a good night's rest.
2. Eat a good breakfast.
3. Arrive to school on time.
4. Not be picked up early from school during testing hours.
5. Bring a light sweater if they normally get chilly.
Below are helpful tips for students on testing days:
1. Be sure to have at least 2, number two pencils each day.
2. Listen attentively and follow directions the first time they are given.
3. Answer each question as accurately as possible.
4. Remain as quiet as possible when you complete each sub-section; others may still be testing.
Here are links that can help your child prepare for the test. Remember to use the drop-down next to Change Section.