The mission of The Varnett Public School is to provide a rigorous academic program that meets the needs of our diverse population.
Core Values Safety Respect Common Decency High Student Achievement Meaningful Parental Engagement
Vision The Varnett Public School is dedicated to excellence in all things.
2021-2022 Board Members
Dr. Matthew Plummer - President Dr. Edgardo Colon - Treasurer Mr. Clarence White III - Secretary Mr. Ward S. Gray - Member Ms. Carolyn Scantlebury - Member Dr. Margaret Stroud - Superintendent of Schools
We have much to be proud of at this point as we enter the spring semester of the 2021-2022 school year.
• The number of COVID cases is decreasing.
• Staff is continuing to clean and disinfect all areas to keep our students and staff healthy and safe.
• Students returned to in-person learning this year.
• Students have qualified teachers. Currently, we have only two vacancies.
• Students are involved in enrichment and extracurricular activities such as chess, cheerleading and basketball.
• More than 50 tutors provide assistance to our students to close learning gaps.
This semester we will continue to prepare our students for STAAR as well as complete our curriculum for all grade levels.
I request your assistance in improving our attendance. It is important that students are present every day so they don’t fall behind. Their continual presence in the classroom provides a greater opportunity for positive student outcomes
Thank you for allowing us to educate your child. We look forward to re-enrolling them for the 2022-2023 school year.