"Excellence is expected" is the motto of The Varnett Public School.
On Friday, February 9, 2018, we celebrated “Champions of Excellence.” The highest honor that a Varnett employee can receive is the awarding of the Green Master's Jacket.
A recipient of the Green Jacket must consistently go beyond job expectations and do whatever it takes to ensure student success by engaging in campus and districtwide projects.
Seven employees received this award. Posing (top photo) with Dr. Margaret Stroud, superintendent of The Varnett Public School (center), are (from left)
- Mr. Terrell Russell, district general manager of facilities, maintenance, operations and transportation;
- Ms. Pamella Thomas, parent liaison for Early Childhood Education;
- Mrs. Cheyne Brown, director of Early Childhood Education;
- Ms. Sandra Smith, Varnett's chief financial officer;
- Ms. Gayle Voltz, director of The Varnett School East
- Mr. Rogelio Calimag, instructional coach for The Varnett School Southwest, and,
- Ms. Dorothy Carloss, first-grade teacher at The Varnett School Southwest (not pictured)