* Food-based menu planning is required.
* Specific calorie requirements for the three age/grade groups, K-5, 6-8 and 9-12 - must be met.
* All grains must be whole grain-rich
* Increase fruit quantity from three to five cups per week and a minimum of 1 cup per day.
* Breakfast target got weekly sodium must be met.
At breakfast, a reimbursable meal must contain 3 components:
Breakfast served in the traditional cafeteria line allows students to eat well-balanced meal consisting of various types of hot and cold entrees, fresh fruit, 100% fruit juice and choice of skim or 1% flavored or unflavored milk.
At Lunch, a reimbursable meal must contain 5 components:
5. Meat/meat alternatives
All school lunches meet or exceed state and federal nutritional guidelines.
Helpful Food and Nutrition Sites:
"Like" us on Facebook!