Seven employees of The Varnett Public School recently received their Green Jackets for excellence, the highest honor for a Varnett staff member.
A recipient of the Green Jacket must consistently go beyond job expectations and do whatever it takes to ensure student success by engaging in campus and districtwide projects.
The awardees are:
- Mr. Terrell Russell, district general manager of facilities, maintenance, operations and transportation;
- Ms. Pamella Thomas, parent liaison for Early Childhood Education;
- Mrs. Cheyne Brown, director of Early Childhood Education;
- Ms. Sandra Smith, Varnett's chief financial officer;
- Ms. Gayle Voltz, director of The Varnett School East;
- Mr. Rogelio Calimag, instructional coach for The Varnett School Southwest; and,
- Ms. Dorothy Carloss, first-grade teacher at The Varnett School Southwest
From left, Dr. Stroud, Mrs. Brown, Mr. Russell, Ms. Voltz and Ms. Smith
Mr. Jesse Arps, director of The Varnett School Southwest; Mr. Calimag; Dr. Stroud and Ms. Carloss
Ms. Thomas and Dr. Stroud
Mr. Calimag and Dr. Stroud
Congratulations to all!
Photos by Mr. Peter McConnell, Varnett's communications director, and Ms. Miesha Thorne, administrative assistant at The Varnett School Southwest.